I had planned to title this article “A Cake So Nice I Made it Twice!” Except that I made it three times! I found this recipe on the fabulous Food52 while I was rooting around their site. The recipe was developed by Brooke Dojny, a cookbook author based in Maine.
There is so much to love about this cake! Let me count the ways...
1. It’s easy
2. Fresh blueberries (full of good-for-you antioxidants)
3. Topped with crunchy pecans
4. It’s easy
5. Great for breakfast!
6. Great for dessert!
7. Great mid-afternoon snack!
8. Love the addition of corn meal for the texture
9. Keeps well (if you have any left over)
10. Did I mention it was easy?!
But seriously, folks, if you have a pint of beautiful late summer blueberries at home, make this cake. If you don’t have any blueberries hanging around, get to the store or farmer’s market and buy some! It’s that good (I made it three times in two weeks)! You can thank me later.